Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> On RHAS4, at any rate (and therefore likely all FCs), FAM has been
> replaced by gam_serv, which does what FAM did, but on a per user basis.
> There's a short description of why RH went from FAM in
> /usr/share/doc/gamin or whatever.

Does Courier pick this up automatically if on a Redhat system, or do you
have to add any extra compile options?  If this is the case, how can I
check or test that it has used it properly?  And does Gamin need any
configuring to set up?

> Come on now, laugh out loud like the rest of us. Sam gave you Courier,
> what more do you want? There's nothing in his version of your GPL that
> says you shouldn't expect wisecracks. If he'd said it with a smile over
> a beer, you'd have let it pass like water off a duck's back.

I would, if I'd have been wrong, but I don't appreciate being humiliated
over something I was right about, when Sam clearly hadn't read my e-mail
properly, as even in his reply, he left the bit about me saying it was a
turn-off of FAM, not Courier.

Sorry, but if you're going to make wisecracks, you should at least get
your facts correct.

Andy