Sam Varshavchik wrote:

>>> No, since DomainKeys is patented by Yahoo, on GPL-incompatible terms.
>>
>> I believe it is dual-licensed under either Yahoo's license -or- GPL,
>> so actually, it is GPL-compatible.
>>
>>  From http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys :
>>
>>     Yahoo!'s DomainKeys Intellectual Property may be licensed under
>> either of the following terms:
>>      - Yahoo! DomainKeys Patent License Agreement
>>      - GNU General Public License version 2.0 (and no other version).
>>
>> Or am I misreading something?
>
> This is something new.  Originally Domainkeys was released only under
> Yahoo's Patent License, exclusively.  The Sourceforge project page still
> lists the Patent License as the exclusive distribution terms.

According to Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DomainKeys
the GPL option is there "for the purpose of the DKIM/IETF Working Group".
That note has been added to the wiki on 21:07, 12 January 2006 by an
anonymous user connecting from 66.228.162.107 (newspend-mac.corp.yahoo.com).

The DomainKeys Patent License Agreement is still not mentioned in
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

> Well, this certainly removes that showstopper.

However, I'm concerned about that "and no other version". GPLv3 should
come in a few months and Courier's Copyright holder may want to use it.
Then, there will still be an incompatibility: would the DomainKeys
Identified Mail (DKIM) addition have to be reverted in that case?