Jeff wrote:
> > > I was wondering if anyone has done anything related or knows if
> > > DomainKeys will be implemented on Courier any time in the future?
> >
> > No, since DomainKeys is patented by Yahoo, on GPL-incompatible terms.
>
> I believe it is dual-licensed under either Yahoo's license -or- GPL,
> so actually, it is GPL-compatible.
>
> From http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys :
>
> | Yahoo!'s DomainKeys Intellectual Property may be licensed under either
> | of the following terms:
> | - Yahoo! DomainKeys Patent License Agreement
> | - GNU General Public License version 2.0 (and no other version).

This is a red herring.  I am amazed at the incompetence of Yahoo's lawyers.

The GPL is a _copyright_ license, not a _patent_ license.  From a legal
PoV, those are two almost completely different things, so even if the GPL
could be applied to a patent, the legal implications are almost completely
unknown.