> downloading CPAN content roughly to:
> internet connection to not muck with the code you receive.
>
> Obviously the real fix here is that clients need to request via TLS (since I
> doubt any clients other than regular browsers support HSTS).

I was under the impression that any "code" ( eg: content submitted via
pause ) had an existing, long standing additional cryptographic
security on top of plain text, namely:

- Per author CHECKSUM files
- Which are signed by the PAUSE GPG key

http://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/K/KE/KENTNL/CHECKSUMS

And I've been using that feature via my CPAN client for years now. ( I
notice occasionally when the checksum files are broken )

I'm fine with allowing there to be additional security mechanisms, its
just *requiring* uses engage in security mechanisms when there's no
*need* to nor *desire* to on the users behalf I consider potentially
harmful.

Is there other content coming from the CPAN network that I'm not
considering here?

--
Kent