Whoa, David!

I don't remember "lashing out" at anyone... you included.

I've just simply notice a sometimes subtle, sometimes not,
virtual "cane lashing" of anyone who doesn't follow the religious CSS dogma
adopted by some or many on this list.

For example, personally, at this point, I don't care if anyone
ever reads any of my sites on a "text-only" browser.  If they want
to go that route, no problem here, but they have *no* right to
any expectation that anyone should ever code for that decision.

Now, again, if there are those who want to accommodate them, fine,
but there should be no expectation that they *should*... *BIG* difference.

I just make it a point to defend anyone who is being chastised for not
adhering to the CSS coding standards that "someone else" adopts.  What standards
everyone decides to adhere to and how far they want to employ CSS methods in
building websites is *totally* a matter of personal choice.

If there were a CSS god who dictated with absolute authority what standards
and practices should be employed, then I'd submit.

But I know of no one who has the authority over me to proscribe what my
CSS coding behavior and standards will be in this world

Some on this list just a little bit that "Taliban" mentality, and I don't like
it,
and say so... just to keep things in balance.

Rick

PS - Notice... I didn't top post... see, I'm flexible!