-Caveat Lector-

> [...]
> the dominant influence, of The Order in these firms.
>
>  Revolutionary activity was centered at Equitable Trust Building, 120
>Broadway, in the building in the photograph on page 139. This had
>been E.H. Harriman's address. The American International Corpora-
>tion was located at 120 Broadway. The Bankers' Club, where Wall
>Street bankers met for lunch, was at the very top of the building. It was
>in this plush club that plans were laid by William Boyce Thompson for
>Wall Street participation in the 1917 Russian Revolution. Guaranty
>Securities was in 120 Broadway, while Guaranty Trust was next door at
>140 Broadway (the building can be seen to the left of 120).
>
>I. THE ORDER PUSHES FOR ASSISTANCE TO THE SOVIET ARMY
>
>  Fortunately we have a copy of the memorandum written by a member
>of The Order, summarizing intentions for the 1917 Bolshevik Revolution.
>The memorandum was written by Thomas D. Thacher (The Order '04)
>a partner in the Wall Street law firm of Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett.
>Thacher's address was 120 Broadway. Today this law firm, now in Bat-
>tery Plaza, has the largest billing on Wall Street and has former Secretary of
>State Cyrus Vance (Scroll & Key) as a partner.
>
>  In 1917 Thacher was in Russia with William Boyce Thompson's Red
>Cross Mission. After consultations in New York, Thacher was then sent to
>London to confer with Lord Northcliffe about the Bolshevik Revolution
>and then to Paris for similar talks with the French Government.
>
> The Thacher memorandum not only urges recognition of the barely
>surviving Soviet Government, which in early 1918 controlled only a very
>small portion of Russia, but also military, assistance for the Soviet Army
>and intervention to keep the Japanese out of Siberia until the Bolsheviks
>could take over.
>
>  New York Headquarters For Revolution:
>          120 Broadway.
>    [picture of building]
>
> FIRMS WITH LINKS TO THE ORDER AT, OR NEAR, 120 BROADWAY IN 1917
>
>120 Broadway     Edward H. Harriman (before his death)
> 59 Broadway      W.A. Harriman Company
>120 Broadway     American International Corporation
> 23 Wall               J.P. Morgan firm
>120 Broadway     Federal Reserve Bank of New York
>120 Broadway     Bankers Club (top floor)
>120 Broadway     Thomas D. Thacher (of Simpson, Thacher &
>                            Bartlett)
> 14 Wall              William Boyce Thompson
>120 Broadway     Guggenheim  Exploration
> 15 Broad             Stetson, Jennings & Russell
>120 Broadway     C.A.K. Martens-of Weinberg & Posner (the first
>                             Soviet "ambassador")
>110 W.40th St.   Soviet Bureau
> 60 Broadway     Amos Pinchot's office
>120 Broadway     Stone & Webster
>120 Broadway     General Electric
>120 Broadway     Sinclair Gulf Corp.
>120 Broadway     Guaranty Securities
>140 Broadway     Guaranty Trust Company
>233 Broadway     Anglo-Russian Chamber of Commerce
>
>INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS OF THE ORDER AT 120 Broadway:

[snip]

>  Who was Nourteva? This name was an alias for Alexander Nyberg, a
>Soviet representative in the United States. Nyberg worked for the
>Soviet Bureau (at first called the Finnish Information Bureau - a cover
>name), along with Ludwig C.A.K. Martens, the first Soviet Ambassador
>and formerly a Vice President of Weinberg & Posner. The New York of-
>fice of Weinberg & Posner was at - 120 Broadway!

      Quigley also mentions this address in Tragedy and Hope:

        The role of "Mike" Straight in this situation in 1938-1948 is
clear. He took charge of this family fief, abolished the editorial board
[of the New Republic - GF] and carried on his father's aims, in close
cooperation with labor and Leftwing groups in American politics. In these
efforts he was in close contact with his inherited Wall Street connections,
especially his Whitney cousins and certain family agents like Bruce Bliven,
Milton C. Rose, and Richard J. Walsh. They handled a variety of enterprises,
including publications, corporations, and foundations, which operated out
of the law office of Baldwin, Todd, and Lefferts of 120 Broadway, New York
City. In this nexus were The New Republic, Asia, Theatre Arts, the Museum
of Modern Art, and others, all supported by a handful of foundations.

        And don't forget where the NY Times reported that Prescott Bush's
        bank "relocated." Yup, 120 Broadway.

        Is it just a coincidence that this address keeps popping up?

        Gerry