-Caveat Lector-

sorry for the delay in the response.  so "the states" decided that certain
human beings could be defined as property.  This doesn't bother you, even
just a tad bit?
MJ, the problem is you do not have a keen sense of irony. They speak in
terms of "liberty," yet they own human beings.  They revere "property,"
yet they seize the property of the English sovereign.

Have you ever been to Monticello?  a beautiful place.  and the same man
who wrote so elegantly and beautifully about the rights of man could walk
outside his door and behold the shanties of his black slaves....  Are you
familiar with the story of Sally Hemmings?