-Caveat Lector-

Andrew I think you may have something there about men becoming redundant
to some women.

However if you look at enough of these surveys asking men what they want
they often stress - independance, sense of humour etc. Do you ever see
men saying I'd like to be a protector of women, a knight in armour etc
I've heard of men actually looking for a working woman so that they'll
be sure to pay half the mortgage. I think at the turn of the century men
were dependant on women to feed them and clean up after them but nowdays
they want a buddy, preferring the freedom of not having to conform to a
ritual of being the breadwinner. They expect women to be intelligent and
to get a life. I think they fear being bored with someone, so the woman
is obliged to be interesting every minute as it's so easy to get another
partner.

Personally I think men nowdays want too much compared to what they are
offering women. We now worry whether they will end up being dependant
slobs, so the tables have turned!

Nicky