-Caveat Lector-

Same for me. My parents bought our home in 1955 for $20,000. My mother still
lives there (only the SECOND house she's ever lived in!). When my father
died three years ago, she had the house appraised...it came in at $250,000.
And that is the MEDIAN home value for that township! Sure, some of that
increase is inflation, but an awful lot is real-estate speculation...