-Caveat Lector-

SkeptiNews 991128a - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* Nothing contained here is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy, or meaning.
* Please DO NOT include the entire bulletin when you reply; Cut/Paste, eh?
* No eruptions buried Quito during production of this bulletin. Just wait.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Consorting with reptilioids: http://www.charm.net/~bruce/sept2f.jpg
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Two UFO Sightings Caught on Video. 1) Keasbey, New Jersey -- Rev. Damian
  Barna sez he had shot 8 minutes of an extraordinary UFO video in broad
  daylight only 15 miles from New York City. 2) SYDNEY -- 7 professional
  fishermen said they had video footage showing a possible UFO sighting off
  the coast of northern New South Wales. http://www.caus.org/mu112799.htm

: Have you videotaped any UFOs lately? Have any UFOs videotaped you? Which
is more boring? Have you sold the tapes to TV yet? Were they suppressed??

# Are UFOs Stampeding Thousands Of Oz Cattle? Do They Need the Exercise?
  Are Fat Humans Next? http://www.sightings.com/ufo5/stampede.htm
# Stunning Oliver's Castle Crop Circle Video Withstands Closest Analysis -
  It's Real, Real, Real: http://www.sightings.com/ufo5/analys.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# New era for transplants. (BBC) UK doctors are close to carrying out organ
  transplants without the use of harmful immune-suppressing drugs. Franken-
  people: http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_538000/538565.stm

# ALSO - Transplant drugs: No longer a life sentence:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_501000/501655.stm
# Made-to-measure transplant breakthrough:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_407000/407313.stm
# The ethics of transplantation:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_388000/388260.stm

: What organs would you like to have transplanted, replaced, supplemented?
Do you need a new liver, lung, pancreas, brain, arm, vagina? How many would
you like to have? Where d'ya get them - humans, clones, animals, aliens, me?

# Germany Bans 'Live Cell' Therapy That 'Holds Back' Aging -
  immortality denied: http://www.sightings.com/ufo5/aging.htm
# First humans set for animal organ transplants:
  www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/sti/99/11/28/stinwenws03021.html?999
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# JAMESTOWN COLONY'S SIGNIFICANCE GROWS AFTER RESEARCH. (CNN) Jamestown, the
  17th century British colony that preceded the first Thanksgiving by some
  13 years, may be more significant than historians thought. "There was a
  lot of activity here... It wasn't just a settlement of rich gentlemen who
  were lazy and didn't work and didn't know how to exist in the wilderness."
  Relics of the colony: http://cnn.com/US/9911/27/jamestown.revisited/

: Are failed settlements significant? Was Vinland colonization meaningful?
If aliens settled on Earth but died out, so what? When our first Lunar &
Martian colonies fail, who'll give a damn? Will the relics be valuable??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# The real sixth sense. BIG BROTHER is watching you - and probably your
  little sister, great aunt and long lost cousin as well. No bias here:
  http://www.news.com.au/news_content/national_content/4293562.htm
# Oz Parliament Gives Oz 'CIA' Right To Tap Into & Change Data In
  Private Computers! http://www.sightings.com/politics5/change.htm
@ New Tactics for Deconstructing the Video Surveillance Superhighway:
  http://mitpress.mit.edu/e-journals/Leonardo/isast/articles/mann/mann.html

: Are they watching you? Are you watching us? Do we all watch each other? Do
you like to see me naked, pick my nose, eat spaghetti? Do I ever bore you??

@ Why are there so many different kinds of barcodes, each with their own
  odd encodings & checksums? http://www.spatula.net/proc/barcode/index.src
  How many different Marks Of The Beast are needed? How many do you have?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Lunar Link to Hot Past. (BBC) French scientists theorize on the causation
  of catastrophic volcanic activity on Earth hundreds of millions of years
  ago, leading to the rise of dinosaurs. They say Luna, known to generate
  tides in the ocean, may have had a greater impact on the Earth's early
  history than previously thought. They suggest that 3 times in the history
  of life on Earth, the Moon, together with Sol, caused oscillations inside
  the Earth, maybe with volcanic results. This accounts for some of Earth's
  more dramatic geological events, such as the splitting of continents and
  oceans. http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_536000/536814.stm

: Do you like to blame earthly events on unearthly entities? Do sun/moon/
planet deities toy with our world? Would you like to oscillate a planet to
see what happens? D'ya want to be a stellar deity? Soon? What'll you do??

# Eclipse Proves Existence of Planet. (AP) http://www.caus.org/pn112799.htm
# We saw it too, say stargazers. (BBC) Another team of researchers have seen
  a planet moving across the face of its parent star. They're everywhere:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_534000/534855.stm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Japan eyes wearable PC. (BBC) Those tired of hauling around "portable"
  computers may be able to wear a Pentium PC from next year. What a relief:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_538000/538072.stm

# ALSO - Future gadgets get mixed reaction:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_332000/332628.stm
# Surfing on a matchbox:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_276000/276762.stm
# Made to measure computers:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_203000/203805.stm

: Would you rather wear a computer or be one? Will differently-styled wear-
able computers be fashion statements? Will NSA surveillance extend to every
computer you wear, every computer that's implanted in you, every computer in
every appliance & car & tool that you use? How many computers do you need??

# THE SOLDIER OF THE FUTURE - a super fighting machine, deadly as a tank
  and able to vanish at will. Even Schwarzenegger would be impressed...
  www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/sti/99/11/28/stidordor02001.html?999
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

  "We're Radical Methodists
    And God gave us Fiji
   We're God-fearing people
    And Fiji is ours"
   http://www.sonic.net/~ric/music/mysongs2.htm#radi

* Rev. Ric Carter, ULC * http://skepticon.da.ru * FAX: 603-415-3736
* Fringe * Science * Faith * Sex/Drugs * UFO/PSI/Y2K * Conspiracy *
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/News archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm
* THE OFFICIAL MAILING LIST OF THE *SEVENTY*SEVENTH* MILLENNIUM!!