I think the point is missed here Andrew.  We both DON'T know that ET's exist, (UFO's
exist absolutely) we do both know that China exists, thus there is a conflict and this
argument does not hold water.
What evidence is there that UFO's (and I mean any of them) are physical craft, being
flown/driven by material "alien" beings from somewhere other than Earth?
My contention is that there is nothing but stories told by witnesses or abductees.  If
one were to believe them, what evidence is there that these beings did not reveal
lies, or deliberately conceal the truth of their identity?
Again I believe there is no evidence to support this view.
The "fact" of intelligent life elsewhere is NOT proven, there is NO evidence for it at
all (my opinion but backed with hard science).  That intelligent ET's are visiting
Earth for ANY reason is a BELIEF, and as such is unassailable since no argument I put
forth to refute it will stand up to your innate belief in it.
Mind you, having said all that I am NOT saying FOR CERTAIN that there is no
intelligent life elsewhere, OR that that life is NOT coming here, or that NO UFO's
could ever be real alien craft from elsewhere (to say that would imply that I have
access to all data and near omniscience, which I don't).  The odds are sorely stacked
against it, in my book, but it is not an impossibility.  I prefer more prosaic
explanations before jumping to a less likely solution.
We may have to agree to disagree on this issue.

On Sat, 27 May 2000, Andrew Hennessey wrote:

> >> thanks samantha - I was going to use the china argument - if you've never
> >> been there and touched it - how do you know it physically exists.
> >
> >This is PURE BULLSHIT. And stupid to boot.
> >
> >You KNOW China exists and so do the rest of us. The existence of China is
> >an agreed upon fact. If you doubt the existence of China, it's because
> >there is a problem with your mind, and not with the existence of China.
> >
> >This is what I pointed out in a
> >your point because it's not real. So what do you need to do? You need to
> >destroy in a healthier mind than yours, the 'obviously true' by imposing
> doubt
> >of perception when it isn't there.
>
> I am saying that UFOs and ETs are REAL,
>
> others are saying that all the proof for them are heresay because you cannot
> touch it.
>
> so to try to help people get a more real perspective on it - I then say to
> them
> We can't touch ET's - we can't touch China - but we both know that they exist
>
> hope that clears it up
>
> andrew
>
> <A HREF="http://www.ctrl.org/">www.ctrl.org</A>
> DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER
> ==========
> CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic
> screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are
> sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
> misdirections
> and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
> minor
> effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
> CTRL
> gives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers;
> be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and
> nazi's need not apply.

> Archives Available at:
> <A HREF="http://home.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html">Archives of
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>
>
> http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
>  <A HREF="http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/">ctrl</A>
> SIGNOFF CTRL [to:] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Om

"Welcome to the desert of the real."  Morpheus, in The Matrix

"My God it's full of stars!"  Dave Bowman, in 2001: A Space
Odyssey

Why pay when you don't have to? Get AltaVista Free Internet Access now!
http://jump.altavista.com/freeaccess4.go