[EMAIL PROTECTED],Internet writes:

> We have no way of 'proving'

>whether the article is a hoax of the newspaper (not unknown back in those
>days),

And not just back then, either. Modern newspapers lie every day. They also
grossly distort events by reporting some and not others. Consider gun
violence. When a kid shoots somebody, it's front page news. If a cop
shoots somebody, it's lucky to make two column inches, way in the back
with the truss ads.  Consider how this distorts the perception of people
like the "Million" Mom March, which incidentally drew at most three
hundred thousand. I've been to a lot of demonstrations in my time. I've
been to demonstrations on that very spot. Hell, I've rioted on that very
spot. I also went to Woodstock. I know what a half a million people look
like. I've been in a half a million people. I've demonstrated with a half
million people. That was no million people. Not so says the newspapers.
Even the ones who admit it was less than a million people still call it
tie "Million" Mom March.

The newspapers told us Oswald shot Kennedy. The newspapers told us the
North Vietnamese shot first in Tonkin Gulf. The newspaper told us the
Spanish blew up the Maine.  The newspapers told us Pearl Harbor was a
surprise attack.

Newspapers are not a credible source. This does not mean that everything
you read in the newspaper is a lie. Far from it. But it does mean that
what you read in the newspapers needs to be corroborated by primary
sources, preferably forensic, preferably after a thorough check of the
lab's bona fides.

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL