-Caveat Lector-

Can't be worse than prison, broken homes, dope, abortions, blind obedience
to Government.
I'll take the light burden of Jesus. Sounds like old Chuck did a good job.
If I can get mine educated, not pregnant, not in jail, not addicted to drugs
or alcohol, I'll have done my job.

> -Caveat Lector-
>
> alright
> a steady diet of Jesus and the hickory stick
>
> sounds like an ideal joyful childhood to me
> -- ------------ ------------- ----------- -------------- -----------------
--
> ------------------
> Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is a force. Like fire,
it
> is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it
be
> left to irresponsible action.
>

> George Washington
>

> NEURONAUTIC INSTITUTE on-line: http://home.earthlink.net/~thew
>
> > From: Bill Richer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 05:33:52 EST
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: [CTRL] Let Me Tell You About My Family
> >
> > -Caveat Lector-
> >
> > WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Peace at any cost is a Prelude to War!
> >

> > Let Me Tell You About My Family
> > By Chuck Baldwin
> > December 4, 2001
> >

> > Tomorrow my wife and I will help celebrate our oldest son's 25th
birthday. A
> > few weeks ago, we celebrated our daughter's 27th birthday, and shortly
> > before that, we celebrated our youngest son's 22nd birthday. I have
often
> > said that I would rather be a successful husband and father than a
> > successful anything else. If I accomplish nothing more in life, I
consider
> > my life to be a huge success because of the outstanding family God has
given
> > to me.
> >
> > Our oldest son is in the early days of owning his own plumbing business.
He
> > and his wife named their little boy after yours truly. They were both
> > virgins when they married. They are a dedicated Christian couple serving
the
> > Lord together in our church. They do not drink, smoke, or use drugs.
They
> > have never been in trouble with the law. They love God, each other, and
> > their parents.
> >
> > Our only daughter is the apple of my eye. Her husband is in the early
days
> > of owning his own engineering company. They have three children. My
daughter
> > and her husband are the youth leaders in our church. They, too, were
virgins
> > when they married and do not drink, smoke, or use drugs. They have never
> > been in trouble with the law, and they demonstrate the highest degree of
> > Christian dedication.
> >
> > Our youngest son is in his first year of law school. He is still single.
> > Like his brother and sister, he is a faithful, dedicated Christian that
has
> > kept himself morally clean and does not use alcohol, tobacco or drugs.
He
> > loves God and our family.
> >
> > If it sounds like I am bragging, I am - on Jesus! I recognize that every
> > good gift comes from above, and that includes this most precious of all
> > gifts: a Christian home.
> >
> > At the same time, many people who know my family have asked me to share
the
> > principles we used in rearing our children. (It is amusing that so many
> > "child experts" have never successfully raised children of their own.)
> >
> > I begin by saying that raising children is hard work. The responsibility
of
> > raising children cannot be passed off to a school  (public or private)
or to
> > any other institution, including government. I am sorry to have to tell
> > Hillary that it takes a mom and dad, not a village, to raise a family!
> >
> > Parenting must be given the priority it deserves. Parenting is not a
hobby;
> > it is a full time occupation. One cannot ignore his or her children and
> > expect them to turn out well. Beyond that, preoccupation with
materialism
> > and greed will also ruin a child. Wallowing in moral and spiritual
poverty
> > while surrounded by material and financial prosperity is the sad story
of
> > many American families, I am afraid. It takes time and effort to instill
the
> > fundamental principles of character and conviction into our children.
There
> > is no short cut, no easy way to raise honest, considerate children.
> >
> > Child rearing takes love, instruction, and discipline. All three
ingredients
> > are equally important. Children must be loved. They must be taught, and
they
> > must be disciplined. I would even argue, that if children are not taught
> > right from wrong and are not properly disciplined, they are not loved.
Any