From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> This is not a definitive list but here are the ones I know for sure who have
> a statutory right of entry.
>
> police
> customs and Excise
> VAT man (as above?)
> electricy board
> gas board
> water board
> Fire authority
> the queen
> BT

The thing is that all of the above may have a right of entry
but surely only if they have reason, eg gas or electric
emergency's. I'm not sure that BT would have a right of
entry as I can't think why they would need it. In the
absence of an actual emergency, wouldn't all of these
people also need a warrant to get in? Possibly the Queen
may have an absolute right of entry? You can't just enter
a property to check that someone isn't breaking the Law
so I don't think the TV licensing people would be able to
get in to check if you were watching the telly.

Jonathan Laws

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]