From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The Control of Explosives Regulations, 1991 give enormous power to the H&SE
and, as their Agents, the police, to enter any premises where they have
reason to believe that any explosives, powder, black powder, fireworks etc
are being held contrary to the COER, 1991.

The Firearms Act, 1968 also entitles a constable to enter any place if he
believes that a firearms offence (as described in the Act) is being, has been
or is about to be carried out!

Extensive powers indeed!

R.V.Malbon
--
I'm familiar with the 1991 regs but there is more to it than
that, it depends on the mechanism used to enforce it and what

I'm not aware of anyone who has had their private residence
entered without a warrant with those powers.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]