From:   "Richard Loweth", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If hunting is not cruel, why then am I prosecuted if I set a pack of large
dogs onto a smaller, solitary dog? All that the Hunting Bill really can be
said to be doing is simply extending to wild mammals the protection that
domestic mammals have enjoyed since before the Kaiser's War.
I also believe that yes, hawking is also cruel, as is the practice of ritual
slaughter and the live feeding of reptiles with mice, rats and birds. But,
as Abraham Lincoln said :"One war at a time".
I shall also not be going to the march in March. Why? Because I am not one
of those who wish to see my sport - live quarry shooting - hijacked as
"marching fodder" by the houndsports lobby, whilst almost every day I am
subject to hearing or reading letters from the red coated fraternity in the
local media  in my local press justifying their method of "fox control"
because "shooting is cruel"!
Make no mistake if, as some wrongly predict, the spotlight then turns on
game shooting and deer stalking then these same old quotes will be trotted
out against us. Can we not remember Michael Yardley's "infamous" handgun
interview at the time of Hungerford being used by the press after Dunblane?
Is it not evidence itself that there is no "hidden agenda" against shooting
that the Government itself has modified the Hunting Bill specifically to
remove any risk of deer stalking with dogs being "caught" in the Hunting
Bill?

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01