From:   "Andrew Chastney", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> any of the other legal methods of control.) It's because some
people
> are revolted by the fact that other people go hunting for
> enjoyment, and also because it's still perceived to be the
sole preserve of
> the idle rich and it's a good way of indulging in a bit of
toff bashing.

Sounds like a good enough reason to me. What is wrong with
this?

Neil Francis
Trowbridge, UK
--
a) Just because you find something distasteful is not a good
enough reason to prevent other people who happen to enjoy that

b) The perception that hunting is the sole preserve of the
wealthy is way off the mark. Go to any meet and for every toff on
horseback you'll see half a dozen scruffy ordinary Joes who are following
on foot or in their car. I'm a case in point - I've been hunting
for nearly twenty years yet never once have I ridden to hounds nor have I
ever had much more than two brass farthings to my name.

Andrew Chastney

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01