At 10:56 AM 12/7/2002 -0800, Morlock Elloi wrote:
This, with obligatory cameras in cybercafes, is just plugging the anonymity
holes.
I haven't noticed any cameras in my neighborhood cafes. If they do install them you can usually stand outside and use the link.

Also, one of unmentioned consenquences is that any "security" will make
self-organising networks harder to implement. Guess who benefits.

But we will always have phone booths and acoustic couplers.
I wouldn't count on the phone booths. Their numbers are dropping precipitously due to cellular use.

steve