At 12:33 PM 04/15/2000 -0700, Tim May, who in the past has complained about
people posting Mimeified articles and other hard-to-read stuff, wrote
something containing the following, though there was too much Rich Text
in it for my Eudora to quote successfully, :

> So now we have pre-emptive raids on buildings and warehouses where people
>gather. None of us are safe from this kind of police state nonsense.
> (No doubt some pliable judge signed some blanket warrant for this raid to
>happen. Corruption on earth.)
>that they had completed a raid on a building in Cupertino where
>cyber-terrorists known as &quot;cyberpunks&quot; had planned to hold
>a meeting later in the day. They detained four persons they claimed
>were preparing to discuss methods for disrupting the Net and they
>seized books and pamphlets describing illegal methods for illegally
>hiding thoughts from the Thought Police.&quot;</font></div>

Fortunately, the Cypherpunks, who were actually meeting at the
San Francisco Police Training Academy, were not bothered,
though the four employees of MyStartUp.Com, which shares the building
with FortNOCS, were not released from custody due to possession of the
GDB Copyright Evasion Tool, banned under the DMCA as Copyleftist Propaganda.

                                Thanks!
                                        Bill
Bill Stewart, [EMAIL PROTECTED]