At 10:45 PM -0700 8/3/04, Dean Arnold wrote:
As for me, give me a tie, and let declaration guide me....

Let me ask you this. Can you as a user access *all* DBI features and functionality easily through just the tied interface? For example, is there a way you can run prepare() by just setting or reading a hash value? If not, then the use of methods or functions *is already required* by DBI. Just look at the SYNOPSIS documentation. As near as I can tell, most functionality is method-only, with a few miscellaneous extras being tied only. My impression of John Siracusa's request was for interface uniformity, to take those last few tied hold-outs and make method-form equivalents for them. This sort of thing is not supposed to be the domain of a wrapper module. -- Darren Duncan
P.S. This has nothing to do with the merits of SQL; that's a separate matter.