On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Dominic Mitchell wrote:

> Even if your DB library doesn't provide access to the file descriptor,
> you can still use the self pipe trick to work around that.
>
>    http://cr.yp.to/docs/selfpipe.html

I believe that's exactly what I'm talking about. Only if your DB doesn't
notify you, and you have to poll it, then you need to do that in a
separate thread for this to work.

I'm going to stop talking about this now, as it's clear I can make the
filehandle thing work for me if I need it to, regardless of what scheme
the DBI implements. I was just trying to think about efficiency for my
apps.

Matt.