I know that not everyone is in to IRC and I for one have only flirted
with it over the years but for the last 6 months or so I've frequented
the #dbi channel and there are a number of knowledgeable and helpful
people on it but there is a low representation from DBD authors/maintainers.

It is not a high bandwidth channel and it is easy to ignore the few
discussions that you are not interested in or cannot contribute to. I've
found it invaluable. Even today, I've managed to get really good
suggestions for testing a major development release of DBD::ODBC (thanks
Jens Rehsack AKA Sno) (something which I've struggled to get over the
years). I'd like to encourage DBD developers and anyone maintaining DBI
related modules to at least hang out there every now and again.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Limited