On Jul 8, 2010, at 10:09 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> Perhaps it would be good if the mixing of two and three
> dot versions on the same check was treated as a severe
> error and caused an automatic FAIL report.
>
> I can't see a case where using both forms would ever be desired.

In my META.yml, I'll use three-digit notation for modules that use it (DBD::Pg)
and decimal for those that don't (DBI). It might be useful for the version
validation code to complain if I specify decimal and the module uses
three-digit (or vice versa). But then that would screw things up for modules
that unfortunately changed their versioning algorithm. I would no longer be
able to require DBD::Pg 1.49, for example, even thought that's perfectly valid.

Best,

David