On 11/02/2014 17:56, demerphq wrote:
On 10 February 2014 09:59, Martin J. Evans <boh...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
On 10/02/14 08:36, Tim Bunce wrote:

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 12:19:05AM -0500, Mark Jensen wrote:

     Greetings DBI, I would like to register DBD::Neo4p in DBI with prefix
neo_. It provides a DBI wrapper
     for a REST interface to the Neo4j db.

Done.

     https://metacpan.org/pod/REST::Neo4p

I'd suggest abstracting out the transport interface to allow multiple
transports. Similar to https://metacpan.org/pod/Elasticsearch::Transport

++

That lets you, and others, implement other transport/connection modules.
I mention this because LWP is not the fastest HTTP interface. There are
several transports for Elasticsearch that are significantly faster.
For example https://metacpan.org/pod/Elasticsearch::Cxn::NetCurl

We found curl much faster than LWP - see
http://www.martin-evans.me.uk/node/117 for some numbers and a problem I hit
(and got around) with POSTing in Curl.

You might want to check out:

http://search.cpan.org/~avar/Hijk-0.12/lib/Hijk.pm

Very fast.

Yves

Thanks Yves, I'll be sure to check that out. I need fast and features are less important to me.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Wetherby, UK