On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 08:59:17AM +0000, Martin J. Evans wrote:

> >That lets you, and others, implement other transport/connection modules.
> >I mention this because LWP is not the fastest HTTP interface. There are
> >several transports for Elasticsearch that are significantly faster.
> >For example https://metacpan.org/pod/Elasticsearch::Cxn::NetCurl
>
> We found curl much faster than LWP - see
> http://www.martin-evans.me.uk/node/117 for some numbers and a problem
> I hit (and got around) with POSTing in Curl.

That's a great article. Thanks.

Any chance you could update those benchmarks Martin?  Would be nice to
get numbers for the current versions and also include Hijk.

I'd also be really interested in the results for HTTP::Tiny with
Clinton's persistent connections pull request applied:
https://github.com/chansen/p5-http-tiny/pull/30
(I think that might get merged during the QA Hackathon in March).