From: dbmail-boun...@dbmail.org [mailto:dbmail-boun...@dbmail.org] On Behalf Of
Reindl Harald
Sent: 14 March 2014 15:41
To: dbmail@dbmail.org
Subject: Re: [Dbmail] Iphone HTML emails

Am 14.03.2014 16:31, schrieb James Greig:
> Just happened again so I've killed pop3d and started with gdb

oh no - the stop makes the problem go away try the script below and replace
"imapd" with "pop3d"
the idea behind is find the *thread* which hangs and backtrace that one

that was used to find "Fixed critical spinlock when appending empty string"
http://git.dbmail.eu/paul/dbmail/commit/?h=dbmail_3_1&id=b93924f9238506ea69dc23c66898ddaa9380e36d

#!/bin/bash
MAXCPU=20
IMAPPID=`pidof dbmail-imapd`
# find busy threads
BUSY=`top -H -b -n1 -p $IMAPPID|grep 'pool'|awk '{if ($9 > $MAXCPU) print
$1}'|head -1` if [ -n "$BUSY" ]; then
  # generate a gdb commandfile
  tmpfile=`mktemp`
  echo 'bt' > $tmpfile
  # get a backtrace
  gdb --batch -x $tmpfile -p $BUSY > dbmail-debug-backtrace.$BUSY.txt
  rm -f $tmpfile
fi