Hi Masahide,

>> If one ask me why? I would answer that it is become many of the
>> wikipedia categories are classes and in such a case why not defining
>> them as a Class, and not a "category" (that could be considered a class
>> for some sense of that class)?
>>

> Wikipedia category is a classification, but not a Class in RDF/OWL
> sense (in most cases).

You just hit the nail :)

You said it: in most cases.

In fact, Wikipedia categories can be many things: named entities,
concepts, relations, (something else?)

So, why defining all wikipedia "categories" as "categories"
(classification purposes) when it is *clearly* not the case?

In my point of view, it just make things worse. In case of ambiguity,
discard them, don't pollute the dataset with false assertions.

In would encourage, everyone on that list, to read and re-read the work
of Fabian on Yago:

http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/~suchanek/publications/yagotr.pdf

> For example, a category 'Internet_history' (taken from Tim Berners-Lee
> example) has 'Internet' as its super category. It's maybe OK as
> classification, but doesn't work as Classes, because
> 'Internet_history' cannot be a subClassOf 'Internet' (perhaps
> subClassOf 'History').

I think this would be a relation.
> There are such categories as 'Tokyo', which could be used as labes of
> classification, but not even Concepts (or think it like 'Tokyo as
> concept' ? sounds tricky).

Tricky, but it just found the gray area between a "subject concept" and
a "named entity" I think.

> I do support to use wikipedia concepts for useful information. Just
> concern how they should be related to DBPedia resources.

What is a "Wikipedia concept"? I mean, is it different from a "concept"?

How they should be related to DBPEdia resources?

With great care.

Take care,

Fred