[Ignoring the part of M-F-T that indicates Ben Finney, per his request.]

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 11:31:22AM -0400, Clint Adams wrote:
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 08:50:11AM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
William, please follow the Debian mailing list code of conduct
<URL:http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct>; specifically,
don't send me individual messages that are also sent to the list,
since I didn't ask for them.

How many times do people have to cite this stupid thing before someone
removes it from the website?

I think it's a good idea. I'm not a DD, but I don't appreciate getting dupe messages from the list. procmail is not set up to handle them, and I read the vast majority of the lists I post to. I only wish non-Debian lists had the same policy.

Ignoring that particular provision, it contains useful tips such as
only post in English (on non-localized lists), use the proper list, and don't send HTML email. These are all things I think we should encourage on Debian lists, and on lists in general.

+1 713 440 7475 | http://crustytoothpaste.ath.cx/~bmc | My opinion only
troff on top of XML: http://crustytoothpaste.ath.cx/~bmc/code/thwack