On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 03:46:44PM +0000, brian m. carlson wrote:
> I think it's a good idea.  I'm not a DD, but I don't appreciate getting
> dupe messages from the list.  procmail is not set up to handle them, and
> I read the vast majority of the lists I post to.  I only wish non-Debian
> lists had the same policy.

The larger the volume on a list gets, the more useful duplicate messages
get.  That is why lists like LKML require reply-all unless explicitly
requested not to (which seems to be just about never).  It also is quite
useful for lists that don't require subscribing to post.

> Ignoring that particular provision, it contains useful tips such as
> only post in English (on non-localized lists), use the proper list, and
> don't send HTML email.  These are all things I think we should encourage
> on Debian lists, and on lists in general.

I for one would rather get two copies of a message than none.

--
Len Sorensen