On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 12:41:36PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > N:    If upstream have not moved or have no intention to move to Python 3,
> > N:    please be certain that Debian would benefit from the inclusion,
> > N:    continued maintenance burden and (eventual) removal of this package
> > N:    before you upload.
> > […]
> > N:    Please do not override this warning; rather, add a justification to
> > your
> > N:    changelog entry; Lintian looks in this version's changelog entry for
> > the
> > N:    specified package name or the phrase "Python 2 version" or similar.
> Given that Python 2 will be fully supported in buster, I think even
> this is too strong.

I think I agree.

I'm also struggling with how to rephrase this, though I'm thinking that
maybe the 2nd paragraph should simply go away, as overriding these lintian
warning at this point in time seems like the right thing to do.

(Which then in conclusion makes me think that this whole warning
shouldnt be a warning but rather a pedantic info right now, because this
will save affected maintainers from adding the override now and removing
it once Buster has been released.)

oh, and btw, piuparts has a python3 branch in git, I would be delighted
if someone could finish it ;)

--
cheers,
        Holger