I'll believe it when I see a newly minted developer.  It never should have
been closed in the first place, so therefore I see the fact that it HAD to
be opened as doubt-inspiring as to whether there will ever be a newly
minted developer.  Until I see a working new-developers mechanism, I see
complaints about lack of manpower as rhetorical at best, hypocritical at
worst.

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Ben Collins wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 03:24:29AM -0700, John Galt wrote:
> > On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Ben Collins wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> > > First of all, you need to check your numbers. Last I checked there were
> > > ~350 official developers in the keyring. Right, so this proves my point in
> > > that we should encourage developers to put a priority on frozen and the
> > > next release cycle. And please stop refering to stable. That is not my
> > > main concern here, and I never brought it into this conversation.
> >
> > No, that means you should OPEN NEW-DEVELOPERS!!!!!!!!!  Jesus!  On the one
> > hand I hear all of these complaints about not having enough help and the
> > other hand is flipping a big 'ol bird at anyone who's offering to help.
> > The only way I see new manpower being added to Debian ATM is cloning, and
> > I'm kind of hoping nobody in Debian qualifies as sheep or pigs.
> >

> New Maintainer is OPEN. They posted a call for applications from currently
> sponsored developers last week. This means that people who are currently
> helping via the sponorship program are going to get in quite quickly.
> IMNHO, this is exactly the right thing to do. People who have shown that
> they are willing to contribute, even if it means waiting, have shown they
> have what it takes to become a developer.
>
> --
> /  Ben Collins  --  ...on that fantastic voyage...  --  Debian GNU/Linux   \
> `     [EMAIL PROTECTED]  --  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  --  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     '

Sacred cows make the best burgers

Who is John Galt?  [EMAIL PROTECTED], that's who!!!