Le Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 05:16:26PM +0100, Raoul Borenius a écrit :

> You are under no obligation whatsoever to provide any enhancements to
> Internet2,
> or its contributors.  If you choose to provide your enhancements, or if you
> choose to otherwise publish or distribute your enhancement, in source code
> form
> without contemporaneously requiring end users to enter into a separate written
> license agreement for such enhancements, then you thereby grant Internet2, its
> contributors, and its members a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license
> to copy, display, install, use, modify, prepare derivative works, incorporate
> into the software or other computer software, distribute, and sublicense your
> enhancements or derivative works thereof, in binary and source code form.

Dear Raoul,

these terms have been discussed earlier on this list, and many commenters
quiestionned its freeness.  Nevertheless, our archive contains works
distributed under very similar terms.

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/a/apbs/apbs_1.2.1b-1/copyright

This license allows to make derivatives under any terms, very similarly to the
BSD license.  It makes it impossible to publish derivatives under no terms at
all.  This restriction is much weaker than copyleft licenses, which forbid this
as they also forbid to redistribute derivatives under non-copyleft terms.

Thefore, while the validity of this concept of default license may be
questionable, I do not think that it is non-free.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan