On Aug 14, Stephen Frost <sfr...@snowman.net> wrote:

>If someone has some idea how to get them to care about ARC, I'd love to
>hear about it, as I have folks on the one hand who view DKIM/DMARC as
>too painful to set up but then they end up with bounces from gmail due
>to my forwarding of messages through my server (which are being
>ARC-signed by it and pass on that the SPF check was successful when they
>arrived to my server)...
I do not know of any situation in which DMARC adoption would improve
deliverability, and most people that configure it are just engaging in
cargo cult sysadmining.
DMARC with p=reject is useful when the sender domain is a phishing
victim, e.g. a financial organization, but most users do not need it.

In other words: if these people want to support use cases like
forwarding and participating to mailing lists then they should adopt
DKIM and ignore DMARC.

--
ciao,
Marco