On Sat, Aug 19, 2023 at 2:29 PM Roberto C. Sánchez <robe...@debian.org> wrote:
> The reasons why the FTP masters might reject a package from the archive
> are public [0].  Nowhere on the list is there an entry that says
> "somebody doesn't like this package" or "it has stuff that might offend
> someone" as a valid reason to either prevent a package entering Debian
> or to precipitate its removal.

This list is not complete nor authoritative.

Without an ftpteam hat on, but my point of view -- I believe the team
would absolutely reject a package only based on its name (see:
#914179).

FWIW, I've tried hard not to provide input on this thread, since it
doesn't seem like I have anything to add, but I will note we wouldn't
allow a source package in sid with DFSG non-free contents, even if
they're not in the .deb. The question is do we treat content in
violation of project norms as seriously as we treat nonfree?

   Paul

--
:wq