On Sat, Aug 19, 2023 at 02:28:22PM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 19, 2023 at 07:11:11PM +0200, Dominik George wrote:
> > >The mission you have chosen for yourself, then, is to identify all those
> > >things in the Debian distribution that are not constitutive of an
> > >operating system.
> >
> > That is a major part of the work of a Debian Developer, and the ftp-master
> > team.
> >
> But we have established criteria,

We have not.

https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct.en starts off with:

"The Debian Project, the producers of the Debian system, have adopted a
 code of conduct for participants to its mailinglists, IRC channels and
 other modes of communication within the project."

Packaged software is not a "mode of communication within the project".
The code of conduct, therefore, does not apply to it.

We may decide that certain language is inappropriate in our packages,
and if so, you can start censoring packages in the archive under the
code of conduct. I make no statement as to whether I believe that is the
right course of action at this point; bring it to a GR and you will see.

Absent that action, however, the code of conduct does not apply to
relevant content of packages in the archive.

--
     w@uter.{be,co.za}
wouter@{grep.be,fosdem.org,debian.org}

I will have a Tin-Actinium-Potassium mixture, thanks.