On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 07:15:18PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> thanks a lot for this hint.
>
> I've created a quilt patch which replaces the vendored theme by the
> sphinx13 one which is currently shipped in Debian.  The patches by
> upstream seem to be void now - at least none applied to the current
> version.
>
> Unfortunately this does not build as well - now with other errors
> you can see in Salsa CI at
>
>    https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/lmfit-py/-/jobs/5305535
>
> Do you have any further hints?

It looks like what you did was copying layout.html to basic_layout.html
within lmfit-py's doc/sphinx/theme/sphinx13/ directory.

But what I suggested was copying a file from *Sphinx* source package,
sphinx/themes/basic/layout.html to doc/sphinx/theme/sphinx13/basic_layout.html
in lmfit-py.

With your change basic_layout.html tried to extend itself, which caused
a recursion error.

I pushed a fix and the build job succeeded now. build-i386 failed, but that
one is not related to Sphinx.

--
Dmitry Shachnev