Hello,

in order to improve the documentation I need to understand some parts.
But I am stuck. I don't get it what the authors trying to explain.

It is about "Creating a new package" section:
https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging#Creating_a_new_package

The second paragraph points to dsc-file creation described here:
https://wiki.debian.org/PackagingWithGit/GitDpm/Initialize

The third paragraph is a list of shell commands that do not work in my
case. For example "uscan" don't work because it does not know what and
where to download. Of course I understand that.

I assume I need a dsc file?

It seems that my understanding problem is the second paragraph and the
dsc-page it is linking, too.

For example the first paragraph on the page
"/PackagingWithGit/GitDpm/Initialize" is impossible to understand for
newbies. What is it talking about? There is the term "git-dpm"
pointing to "/PackagingWithGit/GitDpm/" (now after I edit that page
myself). But I am not sure what "git-dpm" is and how much of that big
page I should work on to make that "uscan" command run.

Kind
Christian