Dear Boyuan Yang,

Thanks for your feedback.

> I can see that
> https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging#Creating_a_new_package is
> indeed poorly written:
>
> *) It still
> [...]

I agree to your list of aspects that need to be improved.
It seems you really understood the "workflow" of a newbie.

> For newcomers, I believe they will get lost at the very first line on
> https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging#Creating_a_new_package

Exactly.

> If you really want a readily-available better documentation, consider
> reading the official documentation of git-buildpackage at
> https://honk.sigxcpu.org/projects/git-buildpackage/manual-html/ .
> After you understand that, merge the remaining useful information from
> https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging to get a thorough
> understanding.

I am not willing to do this. With all respect to the DPT but I don't
write new documentation from scratch. I am not in the position. I can
improve existing documentation as I did in the past.

But this thread is about that I am on a point where I am lost in the
current documentation and someone else with more experience and
knowledge should take over and clear the path.

Thanks,
Christian Buhtz