Incoming from Scarletdown:

> An example of a good password (though since I'm posting it here, it can
> no longer be considered good) is:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I disagree.  A cracking program is going to attempt to match
permutations of dictionary words.  This will not add much more time to
reach the solution.  Better is concatenation of two strings that won't
match a dictionary pattern:

b1rDW0rm

> |<  == K
> >< == X
> |> == P
>
> Anyone else care to add to this little list?

Hadn't thought of those.  Cute.

Apparently, the best is to replace crypt based passwords with RSA
based, and use longer passwords.

- -