Merciadri Luca put forth on 10/10/2009 7:44 AM:
> Stan Hoeppner <s...@hardwarefreak.com> writes:
>
>> A better question is why aren't you using ethernet instead of USB?  Use
>> the right tool for the job.
> I think you misunderstood what I wanted. I have no Ethernet capability
> on my HDDs and it is still too expensive to use this solution.

Obviously I misunderstood.  Maybe you can give us a quick explanation of
exactly what "DLink SharePort" is/does; what it is for.  I was under the
impression you were merely trying to connect (network) your Debian box
to the router via USB instead of via ethernet.  There was no mention of
a hard disk drive in your original post.  I think you assumed everyone
here knows what DLink's "SharePort" is--but we don't.

So, now we've gone from "Win Problem" to "can't connect to my HDD".  Two
very different issues.

--
Stan