2012/3/5 Felipe Rozélio <feliperoze...@gmail.com>:
> Good morning, well I used the amd64 debian squeeze in a philips monitor had
> a resolution of 1024x768
> and had no problem. I bought a monitor from AOC e943Fwsk 18.5 'and then the
> problems started,
> first noticed on the right side there was a thin black belt by cutting a
> small piece of the picture,
> I researched and researched and found how to install the nvidia drivers and
> set up. Drivers installed and xorg.conf
> created, now restart your pc when rebooted I noticed the fonts slightly
> deformed, was soon set in
> the monitor, except that the resolution does not leave 1368x768 50 Hz
> whereas my monitor is 1366x766. after
> attempt to do a lot of work and leave the legal resolution without that
> black strip on the right side
> cutting some of the image, changed the driver setting in xorg.conf instead
> of "nvidia", "nv" and rebooted
> X. When she returned I noticed that the image was further cut down a bit and
> decided the resolution
> to 1360x768 and it was perfect, and so it is now that the image is complete
> and uncut.
> But anyway there is a mistake because I wanted to use my 1366x768 resolution
> with no problems and
> I noticed it on many distros, not only in Debian. Has anyone experienced the
> same problem with resolution
> wide?

Probably some issue with how the monitor's EDID information is being
reported. Dealing with that is something I haven't had to do really, I can't
help much. There should be some workarounds, but it likely requires
deep X modeline stuff.

If you want to skip the "trying to fix it" part and go straight to despair,
read Matthew Garrett's (mjg59) blog entries about it.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers