On 8/15/14, Steve Litt <sl...@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 16:14:09 +0200
> sa...@eng.it wrote:
>> Zenaan Harkness writes:
>>
>>  > ChrisBanalGrammatistica,
>>
>> Grammatistica? Which language does this word belong to? Ancient
>> Debianese, possibly pre-Vax era?
>
> At this point, mightn't it be good to change the subject, just in case
> the original poster still wants to hear some more technical
> information about poweroff?

That would be me :)

I guess I do need to be charged with comedijacking my own thread.
Sorry about that.<flogs self mercilessly with hessian flogging device;
crys out piteously; continues nonetheless>

And by the way, I haven't yet reproduced the problem (although it was
happening regularly), so my next test is to suspend then unsuspend,
then try to poweroff from XFCE's gui. I shall report back on the
status of that.