On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 09:40:56 -0500
"T.J. Duchene" <t.j.duch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good morning, Martin!
>
> Before I can make suggestions, I need to know if you are using a
> daemon such as Jack or PulseAudio or if you are using ALSA directly.

T.J (and anyone else),

I really want to use Jack, but every time I've tried, I failed
miserably and gotten no sound. Is there some special mindset you need
when installing/configuring Jack, and if so, where can I find out about
it?

My understanding of Jack (and please correct me if I'm wrong), is that
it's like being able to patchcord together all sorts of software
sound processor boxes, in whatever configuration I want. I'd *love* to
be able to do that.

Thanks,

SteveT