Am Montag, 27. Juli 2015, 08:13:29 schrieb john vera:

> > In one word, drivers.

Hi there,

some hardware is not recognized by the insdtallation kernel. I suggest, to
install a minimal systerm from the DVD, then download and install the newest
linux-image-* with another computer and install it manually with dpkg.

Next, reboot and see, if the network device  is recognized. Wiered device
should be preferred.

Note: I recommend, NOT to install linux-image-4.0-*, as I at the moment this
kernel does have some problem with some devices. Insread use linux-image-3.16-
* which is running perfectly.

After the network card is recognized, just download and install all the
packages you need.

This is, how I would do, as I am also many years exprienced. However, if
someone got a better idea, I am always happy to learn new ways and things.

Good luck!

Hans