Hello,

> It's running on a Windows PC. Walk into many a shop and you can see
> the sort of setup, a PC and screen with a barcode scanner, keyboard,
> credit card reader, receipt printer, etc, all hanging off it. The
> server might be in an office, or perhaps at HQ or in the cloud.
> All perfectly normal. The import of the thread is Windows → Linux.

Yes, the challenge here is ideally to migrate the Windows-based workstation to
Linux, provided that we have the necessary open-source emulator. Functionally,
we already have proprietary alternatives that meet the requirements, but
exploring open-source options is our preference, given our commitment to
open-source solutions within our Linux environment.

Regards,
Thierry