Hi.

We have drives in mdadm RAID1.

Since they are potential boot drives, we have to put a GPT on them.

Since mdadm can only put its superblock at the end of the device (1.0),
at the beginning of the device (1.1) and 4 Ko from the beginning (1.2),
but they still have not invented 1.3 to have the metadata 17 Ko from the
beginning or the end, which would be necessary to be compatible with
GPT, we have to partition them and put the EFI system partition outside
them.

To keep things logical, we have the same partitions on all drives,
including the EFI one. And GRUB is perfectly capable of booting the
system (inside the LVM) inside the RAID inside the partition.

Which leads me to wonder if there is an automated way to install GRUB on
all the EFI partitions.

The manual way is not that bad, but automated would be nice.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George