Hi,

i cannot make qualified proposals for the GRUB question, but stumble over
your technical statements.

Nicolas George wrote:
> Since mdadm can only put its superblock at the end of the device (1.0),
> at the beginning of the device (1.1) and 4 Ko from the beginning (1.2),
> but they still have not invented 1.3 to have the metadata 17 Ko from the
> beginning or the end, which would be necessary to be compatible with
> GPT,

Although it would be unusually small, it is possible to have a GPT of
only 4 KiB of size:
- 512 bytes for Protective MBR (the magic number of GPT)
- 512 bytes for the GPT header block
- 3 KiB for an array of 24 partition entries.

Question is of course, whether any partition editor is willing to create
such a small GPT. The internet says that sfdisk has "table-length" among
its input "Header lines". So it would be a matter of learning and
experimenting.
(Possibly i would be faster with writing the first header blocks by
hand, following UEFI specs or my cheat sheet in libisofs.)

> we have to partition them and put the EFI system partition outside
> them.

Do you mean you partition them DOS-style ?
If so, then a partition of type 0xEF could be used as system partition.
Probably any partition type will do, because EFI is very eager to look
into any partition with FAT filesystem.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas