On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 12:05:24AM +0700, Max Nikulin wrote:
> On 29/01/2024 19:40, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > Let me test that as well....
> [...]
> > unicorn:/tmp$ xyz dir\ with\ blanks/dir2/file
>
> "okular" is important here. Only limited set of file name suffixes are
> allowed for some commands. You do not need to have okular installed,
> completion rules are part of bash-completion.

That's my point as well.  I'm trying to get the OP to determine whether
it's the programmable completion for "okular" in particular that's at
fault, or bash itself (hint: it's not).

In my demonstration, all programmable completions were disabled.  I
never use them to begin with.  So, in my demonstration, the command
name is completely irrelevant.