On 30/01/2024 12:50, David Wright wrote:
On 30/01/2024 02:51, David Wright wrote:
. Press HOME,
. Type any letter that makes a "wrong" command name (eg aokular),
. Press END,
[...]
However, using my "wrong" command method, Tab Tab lists are complete
all the way down the path. You can then correct the command in order
to prune the Tab Tab listing to include just the candidates
(and in preparation for actually executing the command, of course).

I used a trick with a non-existing command till I figured out that [Alt+/] may complete paths for real commands. Pressed twice it gives list of candidates, so I do not see any difference from Tab Tab. Perhaps I just use it rarely enough, so I believe that moving cursor is less convenient. 2 keys instead of single Tab is not a problem, anyway I use [Ctrl+/] (undo) frequently enough.

Concerning the bug, maybe upstream is aware of it
https://github.com/scop/bash-completion/issues