On Fri, 2024-02-02 at 20:25 -0500, Lee wrote:
> I figure there's a high percentage of keyboard jockeys here so ..
> which keyboard do you like and why?

I like the flat style similar to what is in many notebooks. Current
favourites are the Apple keyboards (expensive though, for what they
are), the Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard (stupid generic model
name), that seems to have a problem for some that the electronics die
prematurely, it might not be able to connect any longer after some
time. Great if it works though, can often be gotten relatively cheaply
for about half the normal price. Very minimal design, you can't take
away much more from a keyboard:

https://www.microsoft.com/en/accessories/products/keyboards/microsoft-designer-compact-keyboard?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

And a new fascination of mine, the Logitech MX series, also kind
of expensive, and with rather ugly design, but typing feels just
wonderful.

Of the cheaper ones, I like the Logitech k280e. Feels quite OK for the
price, not on the level of the obove three though. Also large, clunky
and heavy.

I used to be a full layout (with keypad) person, but recently I began
to like the smaller layouts. Takes up less space on the desk, only
thing I miss are the full cursor keys. Easier to move around on the
desk, which I do a lot.

Keyboards are a product where preferences diverge a lot and are very
personal. Fortunately there is lots of choice in the market currently.

/ralph